Did you know that hidden dangers exist all around you that can damage your precious teeth and gums? Various foods and activities can damage your teeth if you are not careful. Listed below are a few common dangers to your smile, as well as a few tips to help prevent them from occurring:
– Always evade bad habits such as smoking and chewing tobacco, and recreational drugs, and never use your mouth as a bottle opener, as this is an easy way to chip and crack teeth.
– If you play contact sports or partake in high-risk activities, be sure to wear headgear or mouthguards to guard your teeth and jaw.
– Avoid chewing on objects such as pen caps and ice, as they can cause a TMJ disorder in your jaw or loosen or crack a tooth.
– Avoid tough and thick foods that can chip your teeth, including hard candies, ice, corn on the cob, and corn kernels.
– Avoid wearing mouth jewelry, as it can be a choking hazard, chip and crack teeth, and lead to serious infections.
If you are looking for oral health care treatments at Mission Ranch Dental Aesthetics, you are welcome to book an appointment with Dr. Richard D. Guthrie and our team at our dentist office in Ladera Ranch, California. We can be reached at 949-388-6325. Damaged and broken teeth can be treated and repaired, so feel free to come see us today.