Richard D. Guthrie, DDS
Dr. Richard D. Guthrie is committed to providing the highest standards of quality and comfort in the persuit of your optimal oral health through the utilization of his extensive training and experience in preventative, restorative dental rehabilitation, orthodontics, implantology, dental surgery including widsom teeth removal, root canal therapy, and various cosmetic procedures. Truly, a Doctor of Dental Surgery, Dr. Guthrie and Mission Ranch Dental Aesthetics are also happy to say that all of these procedures can done in the comfort of our state of the art facility. Dr. Guthrie and his highly trained team are enthusiastically prepared to greet each patient who visits our office with kindness, respect and careful attention to your individual and unique needs. Through our welcoming doors you can expect professionalism, kindness, dignity, respect, high proficiency, high quality, accreditation, innovative solutions, successful results, and an abundance of happy patients! Dr. Guthrie and his practice in the Ladera Ranch/Mission Viejo region of Southern California have been delivering cosmetic, restorative, and functional solutions to patients in Orange County for over 20 years. Dr. Guthrie has achieved extensive training in all phases of orthodontics and various surgical modalities including wisdom teeth removal and surgical implant placement procedures. Dr. Guthrie maintains a true “Family Practice” providing care to all ages from infants to patients of advanced years. Dr. Guthrie’s believes that teeth are a vital element to an individuals’ overall health and impact quality of life. Thus, his approach is conservatively minded and emphasizes maintaining the natural dentition when practical through monitoring and treating dental issues early to ensure the longevity of the dentition throughout an individuals’ lifetime. Though our team is collectively committed to maintaining your natural teeth we pride ourselves in providing innovative solutions in the event that teeth are not salvageable.
Our office is committed to your safety and utilizes the latest, most robust and sophisticated methods of sterilization including the State of the Art SciCan Bravo Class B sterilizer and complete barrier protection for each patient.
Who is Dr. Guthrie?
Dr. Guthrie is a highly accomplished and talented dentist in Orange County committed to the constant pursuit of continuing education and cutting edge advancements in the continually evolving field of dentistry. Additionally, he is also a loving husband, father, private pilot aviator and musician. He plays lead guitar and Keyboards in the local rock band 21! Dr. Guthrie is an outdoorsman and enjoys adventure hiking, camping and travel. He has climbed to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa as well as trekked parts of the High Andes, Peruvian Alps and the High Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. While in school, Dr. Guthrie enjoyed his time as a white water river guide on Northern California’s famous and pristine American River!
- Dental Implantology: Straumann & Nobel Biocare
- Orthodontics/Orthopedics Certification United Stated Dental Institute
- Pediatric Oral Conscious Sedation Certificate
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Forensic Dentistry Loma Linda University of Dentistry
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- Orange County Dental Association (OCDA)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU)
Honors and Awards:
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon – Membership, Chi Chi Chapter
- Prince Award – LLUSD for outstanding demonstration of the qualities of scholarship, leadership and stewardship
- The Fixed Prosthodontic Award – LLUSD for commendable skill in fixed prosthodontics
- The Academy of Operative Dentistry Award – for outstanding achievement in operative dentistry
- The American Association of Orthodontists Award
- The Dr. William S. Kramer Award of Excellence – Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society Supreme Chapter
- California Dental Association Outstanding Achievement Scholarship for Dental Education
- First Place Awards for Research: Marginal Adaptation of Root End Filling Materials: A Dye, Bacterial, And SEM Investigation.
- Loma Linda University School of Dentistry Alumni Convention
- California Dental Association Scientific Session
- Third Place Award for Research Project
- American Dental Association Scientific Session
- The National Dean’s List
Meet Our Team
Mission Ranch Dental Aesthetics is privileged to have a world class team of friendly, knowledgeable and highly skilled individuals who are collectively committed to delivering the best possible care to our patients. We invite you to visit our office anytime and meet the Doctor, staff and our wonderful state of the art facility. We look forward to assisting Dr. Guthrie in providing you the smile you desire and deserve!
Carissa RDA, Office Manager
Welcome to our dental office! I am here to schedule convenient appointments and answer any insurance questions. I look forward to seeing you!
Hi everyone! You will find me assisting in the back office during your treatment. My goal is make you your visit comfortable and productive.
I am a Dental Hygienist and I love to make our patients smile and maintain the health of their teeth so that they can feel happy and confident.
I am a Dental Hygienist and committed to your optimal oral health and clean smile through thorough and gentle dental cleanings.