Are you doing all you can to take care of your dental crown? If you have a dental crown, then it is important that you make sure you are taking good care of the crown. Even though dental crowns are not subject to developing cavities like your other teeth, a dental crown still needs to be cleaned in order to clear out bacteria that could otherwise lead to gum disease.
Our Dentist, Dr. Richard D. Guthrie, offers dental crowns to help improve your oral health. That is why our team is happy to remind you about the importance of taking care of your dental crown.
Here is a list of things you can do to help take care of your dental crown:
– Dental crowns need to be brushed twice every day.
– When brushing your dental crown, treat it as you would a normal tooth and make sure to not apply too much pressure.
– If your dental crown is knocked out, you should cover the vulnerable tooth with a cotton swab coated in clove oil.
– To eliminate risks associated with residue after eating, consider using mouthwash to rinse out your mouth and eliminate debris and food particles.
– Bacteria can stick to dental crowns, and plaque can continue to damage your gums, so you need to floss between your dental crowns every day.
If you take good care of your teeth and crown, you can help keep your oral health in top-notch shape! If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need help with your dental crown in Ladera Ranch, California, please call us today at 949-388-6325 to make an appointment. Our dental team at Mission Ranch Dental Aesthetics is happy to assist you and your smile.