Are you aware of the risks associated with a toothache? Many times, individuals are suffering from toothaches and they do not take the proper steps to keep their smile safe, which can lead to further dental damage later on. If you have developed a toothache, it is important that you can recognize the symptoms so that you can receive early treatment. Below are some of the most common symptoms and signs of a developing toothache:
– If you are suffering from damage to your jaw joints, known as TMJ disorder, you may be at an increased risk for toothaches.
– Wisdom teeth eruption is known to cause pain and discomfort. They can even lead to inflammation that can result in a toothache.
– If you have unexplained facial rashes, high fevers or chills that cannot be easily treated with medications, it may be linked to a toothache.
– If you have suffered an oral accident or injury, it can lead to toothaches.
– If pain continues to occur even after using over-the-counter medications, or if you suffer severe pain 24 hours after a tooth has been pulled, visit our Dentist to determine if a toothache is the cause.
If you have noticed any of these symptoms or signs in your oral or general health, we encourage you to contact Mission Ranch Dental Aesthetics at 949-388-6325 and set up an appointment with Dr. Richard D. Guthrie. We are here to care for your smile at our dental practice in Ladera Ranch, California.